Code of Conduct
The Ottawa Inuit Children’s Centre (OICC) is committed to a safe and caring environment for children, parents, employees, students, guests and volunteers. This code of conduct outlines the expectations for all those involved in any of the programs and services of the Ottawa Inuit Children’s Centre.
When at OICC programs, services and events, we are expected to:
- Be respectful of one another. Treat people with dignity and courtesy at all times.
- Be respectful of the ideas and feelings of others.
- Be respectful of the environment, equipment and materials.
- Solve problems by talking and listening to others respectfully.
- Find solutions to problems by working together.
- Ask for help when a solution cannot be found.
- Be aware of keeping each other safe at all times.
- Be patient with others and refrain from any behaviour or comments, which are profane
insulting, harassing, sexist, racist, abusive, disrespectful or otherwise offensive.
- Be aware that children will not be released to anyone who is suspected of
being under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances.
©2013 by The Ottawa Inuit Children's Centre | All Rights Reserved.