Tukimut Afterschool Program
Providing cultural, educational, and recreational activities for Inuit in grades 1 to 8.
Approximately 75 children and youth participated this past year.
- Homework clubs
- Culture nights
- Recreation nights
- Art classes
- Flotilla for Friendship
- Police/Youth Soccer Mentorship Program
- Youth Steering Committee
- Healthy food
- Tukimut Rap Song: Take a listen to this song written by the youth. Back up vocals, beat boxing, and drums provided by the AAC, recorded and back beat by Mosha Folger.
- Many volunteers/community members shared their knowledge especially during Culture Nights
- Meeting some of the Ottawa Senator’s Players
- The Youth Steering Committee volunteered many hours and contributed a great deal to programming
Ministry of Health Promotion
For more information, call Thomas, 613-746-5400, ext.224 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tukimut Program at Overbrook-Forbes Community Centre, 225 Donald St, 613-745-0073 x 143
Link to Tukimut Family Handbook
©2013 by The Ottawa Inuit Children's Centre | All Rights Reserved.